Dog Models

FGM

Hi,I am currently training to be a groomer and need some practice with breed clips.We don't often get purebreeds in my work and my boss thought it would be good to do some non paying practice.A qualified groomer would be with me giving me step by step instructions for the clip and of course it would be free of charge.I would be doing this on my day off so time would not be a problem and no need to rush.I need to get some schnauzers,poodles,spaniels etc.

If you live in the brisbane/ipswich area and are interested or would like some more info please contact me via pm or post here.

I do live closer to ipswich area and my days that I would want to do the haircuts are monday,tuesday and wednesday.

:laugh:

Hi Shell,I am training instore and my boss and I are looking at the best option other than this.I personally wouldn't do the cengage course as it isn't particularly about grooming.I think it is very close to the tafe course offered here in queensland that doesn't actually cover much on the practical grooming side.It would be a good start for someone though to get into the industry if there was no other option.There are grooming schools around but I don't know what your options would be in your region.Most grooming courses are very costly too.

Around here, with me working full time, there's not really much of a choice. To me the cengage course is more for someone wanting to learn how to groom their dog at home, with a little bit of information about what goes on in a grooming salon thrown in! I mostly only wanted to do it to be closer to my dog, who because of abuse issues before we got him, doesn't like strangers trying to touch his head and hold his paws. Good luck with your course when you do find a good one!