Vet Recommendations - Geelong/werribee Areas

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any DOLers from the Geelong/Werribee areas are able to recommend a good vet. I have a Weimaraner who's 11 weeks and will be needing her 12week vaccination soon. I'm at a loss on how to find a good. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM if you wish.

Thanks

There is a vet in Werribee that is on the side service road, it is the Anvet

25 Princes Hwy

Werribee, VIC 3030

(03) 9741 6677

I highly recommend them, they have wonderful staff and really do care about the animals (and the vet is passionate about her job)

They get a thumbs up from me :rolleyes:

i also go to a vet in hoppers, its just called the Hoppers Crossing vet, on Barber street, They are really good to, very informative and i just really liked the feel, one of the best vets i have been too

Dr Sally Adams at North Geelong Vet Clinic. Cannot praise her enough.

278 Church Street

North Geelong 3215

Ph: 5278 5400

A bit further out of Geelong:

Dr Simon Mims at Bannockburn Veterinary Clinic

Midland Highway Bannockburn 3331

Ph: 5281 1221

Edited by Sheridan

We used to go to AnVet for four years.

The vets were fine, but the girls on reception don't seem to have much of an clue.

You will charged for every single thing they do however and you will never get in for your appointment on time (in four years we made the appointment and turned up on time to still have to wait 10-30mins).

There is only one vet on at a time and experience may vary (I had to show one how to do a cheek swab since my wife (collector for GTG) is not allowed to collect swabs for our own dogs).

Wyndam Vet in Market St Werribee however has been great (google for their website).

Multiple Vets onsite, quick turn around (never had to wait more than 10mins, typically on time), don't charge for the smaller stuff, their receptionists are really helpful and can answer most questions and they actually call you back if they need to get more info.

I cannot recommend them enough.

I could not read this thread without recommending my fav vet,

Harley Maxwell

Corio Vet Clinic

Bacchus Marsh Rd & Forrest Rd in Lara.

Harley is a fantastic vet, after all the problems with Boris' Pem Fol he has organised a Chinese Herb vet for me, our consult is on 2nd June.

He is a very caring vet & the staff there are all very nice.