Grooming Courses?

mcq

I have been asked too many times if I do grooming, I've just decided it might be time to learn. Trouble is, where do I start? Who do I learn from?

I would love some advice and recommendations. I know one course is not going to teach me to be a groomer but it might give me some foundation knowledge with which to grow on.

Have you done any courses in the Ipswich/Brisbane area? What did you think of it? Who would you recommend to go through?

Hi,

I would look for an accredited course. Try contacting the PIAA (Pet Industry Association of Australia) and they might be able to point you to one. There was one on the Gold Coast but it isn't running the course at the moment.

Definately stay away from courses by correspondence - that's like saying you can become a hairdresser by correspondence! It's a waste of money. Start with contacting PIAA and go from there... there are some dodgy ones around, so be careful!

Thank you, I'll also be asking the QLD pet board and groom association when I meet up. It wasn't something I was really seriously looking at until I realised there aren't alot in the area not even for me to call upon to groom for me.

The PIAA has alot of advice there but unfortunately the only Brisbane based one mentioned is North side (about 2 hours drive) and is a TAFE course - with running a business, it's going to be incredibly difficult to manage it.

But thanks anyway, with the knowledge I already have, I might be able to get RPL and just attend for the grooming and clipping units. I'll contact them and see what else they have that might not be on their website.