Pet Insurance ?

jaja

i have Petsecure. its pretty good, same as any other pet insurance i guess... do your research. there are HEAPS out there. i know my vet reccommends Petplan (i think its called). but you need to be carefull your pet doesnt have a condition before you take on the pet insurance, or they wont cover any treatment from vets relatable to that condition. (eg: my dog sometimes has back pain, so because i have been with Petsecure all his life they cant say its an illness he had before i joined with them so they need to cover me. however, if i decided i wanted to change companies, they could say this is a pre determined illness and therefore they wouldnt cover me for any vet bills to do with his backpain.)

So all im saying is DO YOUR RESEARCH into all the different companies, what they cover and what they cost you per month and year.

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I had my german shepherd with Petsecure for 10 years. His insurance was renewed in September last year. I pay monthly. I was pretty happy with them overall. We started out with no excess but they changed it after a couple of years to $50 excess per condition for year and I get 80% back. Still not too bad. He had suffered with the dreaded skin condition for many years so I was glad he was covered.

Unfortunately in November (after just over fourteen years) we had to make the hard decision to have him euthanased due to his back legs going on him and he couldn't get about. I sent in my last claim for his medication with a note that he had passed away and could we cancel the policy. They reimbursed me the last medication invoice recently and on checking I noticed they were still deducting their monthly amount from my credit card. I rang them and it turns out that if you have made a claim in that year, then even if you cancel your policy you still have to pay it out in full until the expiry date e.g. September 2009. I think this is extremely unfair but reading all the pet insurance policies it seems to be the norm. If I die, does my husband have to keep paying my private medical insurance???

I am looking for pet insurance again for my new dog but checking over everything with a fine tooth comb.

Would like to know what you think.