Allergic Skin Condition

montall

Tallulah has a weird contact allergy that manifests itself with bumpy skin which goes patchy as the bumps subside. It usually happens if I wash her with a new shampoo and don't rinse her off thoroughly. I just use pure soap now (on the recommendation of a crestie breeder) and as long as I rinse her really well she is fine.

Anyway recently it happened again and nothing had changed with the way I bath her, or anything else except the water. It happened right after they added the flouride. Everything I read about flouride says that it shouldn't cause any problems for man nor beast but nothing else has changed. The only other thing I can think of is the fact that our water here (Ipswich) has been in the news lately because of it's strange taste and smell. Personally I haven't noticed it, but I can't help but wonder. Either way I still suspect the water. Could the build up of various minerals in the water have an effect on susceptible dogs?

So I was wondering if anyone else has noticed anything since the change in the water. Do you have an itchy dog, and has it been worse lately? I don't want to sound paranoid but I can't think what else it could be.