Trainer Required For Bushfire Affected Dogs

Hi folks,

I have a friend currently staying in Healsville whose dogs had to stay in a shelter for around 18 days as he had no where to stay with them after he lost his home in the Kinglake Ranges bushfire. The dogs are now suffering seperation anxiety, one is an older german shepard and the other a young golden retriever.

I am wondering if anyone with the right skills in this kind of thing would be able to volunteer their services even just for one session to give him the needed instruction to get the dogs back to their old selves again and not stressed whenever he leaves them alone. He is a war vet on a pension so I don't want to ask him to pay although I could pay the fee if you required one on his behalf.

You'd be best to do it in Healsville to save the dogs any further stress of travelling.

If this is something you think you can help with I'd be interested to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Rose

Hi Erny,

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Yesterday he got someone local to come and do some work with the dogs, I only just found out last night. I went to visit them on Saturday and they certainly need the assistance! As soon as he leaves they go mental so this trainer will help him manage it in different ways.

Thank you so so much for writing though :rofl:

Rose

That's ok Rose. I hope the gentleman and his trainer manages to resolve the anxiety his dogs are experiencing. Good luck to him. Being a War Vet, he gave up so much of himself to help those of us who are blessed with creature comforts and lack of experience in matters of war and loss. To then lose his home. I am so glad that he didn't lose his dogs and can appreciate how important to him they would be.

Yeah he such a great bloke. It nearly killed him to be apart from his dogs while they were in the pound being looked after, they were fretting too. I reckon it'll take some time but they'll get there, all three of em!

All the best

Rose