Agility For Humans?--help Juggling Four Dogs

Di*

Hi all

I have recently adopted dog number four and am having fun trying to juggle the needs of four dogs. I like to give each some one-on-one formal training/"quality time". Things were going well until the youngest finished puppy, advanced puppy, and even more advanced puppy (which was on Tuesday nights). She is now 6.5 months. I'd like to start her doing agility training but I already take one of my other dogs to agility at Castle Hill on Thurs nights and I don't want to interrupt her training. Sunday afternoon I take the other two to obedience at Brush Farm. I can't do week days. Any thoughts? Prepared to travel a bit. I live at Epping and work at Penrith.

Had a helpful teenager who was doing some training but he's now discovered girls ... sigh!

many thanks

Di

Sounds like you are a glutton for punishment Di :o .

There is Parramatta on Friday nights

or Paws for Fun on Sundays (but would clash with obed.).

Manly on Saturday mornings.

Hawkesbury on Wednesday nights.

What class are you in at Castle Hill? I haven't trained there for over 12 mths so not sure what the structure is there now, but they used to run 2 separate time sessions...7.30 for Beg, green & Yellow & 8.30 for blue & red. Is that still the way it works? How close is you dog to blue? Could you train one in the first session & the other in the 2nd session?

Sounds like you are a glutton for punishment Di :rofl: .

Brilliant. Thanks for that, Vickie--I think it's the same principle as for the children--to prevent yourself feeling like a bad parent--each human and animal "child" needs a special activity.

I think it will be Parra on Friday nights. Roxy was only promoted last night to Yellow so Blue may be a while off yet! I was going to rotate them--but when Roxy was promoted last night I decided she deserved me to keep going with her classes. She's done better than I expected. We haven't been at it long. She'll never be a champion--she's too calm (Roxy used to do pet therapy) but she seems to be loving the classes.

Hope you and your guys are well.

Di