Hard Lump Formed Around Small Cut?

Teal

My puppy has what looks like a small cut in the middle of his ear, only about 1 cm long, though I can't see it very well and have no idea how it could have gotten there. I'm not sure when he did it as I have never seen any blood on his ear (and he is white), but I noticed it last might. It has turned into a hard, flat circular lump around the cut, about the size of a 5 cent piece. It hurts him a little bit when I touch it, but dosen't seem too bad. What is this? How should I treat it and what should I do?

My puppy has what looks like a small cut in the middle of his ear, only about 1 cm long, though I can't see it very well and have no idea how it could have gotten there. I'm not sure when he did it as I have never seen any blood on his ear (and he is white), but I noticed it last might. It has turned into a hard, flat circular lump around the cut, about the size of a 5 cent piece. It hurts him a little bit when I touch it, but dosen't seem too bad. What is this? How should I treat it and what should I do?

It could be an abcess or a haematoma. I'd be off to the vet.