Geelong Highland Gathering 2010

SpikesPuppy

http://www.geelonghighlandgathering.org.au/index.php

The Geelong Highland Gathering (incorporating Scottish Breeds dog match) has had the venue & date changed.

It will now be held on Sunday, March 21st at Fyansford Common.

We found this out tonight at our club committee meeting, as our club had planned a large attendance and have been promoting it to our 'pet' members as a great event (which it is!!), it was originally scheduled/advertised as being on Sunday the 14th of March, at Queens Park. This is also what it says in the DOGSVic gazette. However, by chance, we learnt of the date/venue change.

So if you were planning to attend- please make a note and pass the information on!!

Unfortunately, I wont be able to make it now :laugh:

The Highland Gathering is a great day and it's wonderful how they always have the Scottish dogs there. Some years back I suggested a Celtic breeds dog show for the National Celtic Festival in Portarlington but the organisers weren't interested.

That sucks, Sheridan!! I'm sure it would get a great turnout!

I'm so disappointed now, and none of the club committee can attend so there probably wont be any BTs there now :) Funny how we found out though- was discussing our club's stand at the event when my mum turned up to the committee meeting and mentioned the change of venue. So another member whipped our her phone and googled to get the exact address (as mum could not remember), and that's when we learnt that the date had changed as well!!

I am so bummed as I have never been, but mum went last year and told me how awesome it was & it was to be Ziva's first show after her litter :laugh: