Pup Not Eating After 2nd Vaccination

GABBA

Yesterday, at about 12:00pm i took my Dogue to the vet for his second vaccination, when he got back home (about half and hour later) he had a (one off) case of the runs. He seemed to be alright for the rest of the day, he played with the other dogs, however he did not touch his food, he didnt seem interested.

Anyway, this morning he was very tired, wasnt touching his food, etc. He has been sleeping most of the day, however at about 5:00pm he is back to running around and playing, however he is still not really interested in eating his food (even chicken frames/necks!).

Id like to know if its normal for a pup to lose his appetite and become fatigued after getting his second vaccination?

hmmm, in the last couple of hours he seems to be 'livening up' again. He is back to chasing his toys and just ate an entire chicken frame (30min process). He still doesnt want to touch his Euk...but thats not really unusual, dont think he can stand dry food anyway.

Sounds like everything is fine now GABBA but just thought I would share that we had a similar experience with Ollie after his second vaccs yesterday evening. He was very lethargic and vomited about 9:30pm. The vet had warned about possible lethargy but not the vomiting. I'm not sure if this was the result of the vacc or not. Anyway, after watcing him really closely overnight (he slept really well despite all our fussing) he was back to eating and drinking well this morning but a little sleepy still. By lunch though he seemed to have returned to his usual cheeky self!

Thanks guys. Yeh i think the second vaccination is what must have slowed him down a litte bit. He appears to be back to 'normal' now, with a bigger appetite in fact! Bit of diarrhea here and there, but that may be down to something else (his food maybe). Looks like all is good, for now.