I Am So Proud.

altheau

I am just so proud of my girl that I had to tell everyone!

We have been going to dog training (this was our 6th week). Previous to this I have had quite a few problems with Yuki lunging and barking/growling at other dogs, all fear/anxiety related.

Well tonight she was just fantastic, a real turning point I think. She actually showed friendly interest in one of the dogs in our class, he was lovely and friendly as well and his owner was really understanding to keep their chat short when I asked, so she did not get a chance to feel stressed. From then on her tolerance level halved. I walked past dogs, had her butt sniffed by one in passing, she was even barked at by one dog (usually she will rise to another dogs level), she either ignored it or kept going with only the slightest prompting from me (and a cookie :rofl: ) Even when we where walking through the car park when we where leaving (generally her attention is all gone by then) she kept most of her attention on me and we quietly squeezed through the gate behind a lovely little puppy and a lab that were having a meet and greet. Of course I know she is not cured (she still did bark at one particular dog in our class a bit) but she is so much better.

I can't believe how much she has turned around in the last few weeks. I am so happy with her, I love my dog. :cry::)