Schutzhund Trained Dogs

Maybe then they should not be rejected. Maybe they can do the rest of the work. At least the numbers will grow, the popularity will grow. and maybe just maybe one day we can go outside and train our dogs without worrying what will be consequencies. Sorry but being desperate here. I live in Victoria and as i know I can not train Sch. I can not play even tug.

Maybe then they should not be rejected. Maybe they can do the rest of the work. At least the numbers will grow, the popularity will grow. and maybe just maybe one day we can go outside and train our dogs without worrying what will be consequencies. Sorry but being desperate here. I live in Victoria and as i know I can not train Sch. I can not play even tug.

Really :laugh:

do not worry i still think that every gsd needs to pass otherwise should not be allowed to breed, but honestly i am desperate here. I am ex Sch trainer worked in Europe for 20 years mainly with GSDs. After arriving in Australia I was out of the industry for 8 years. Finally got my GSD. Female that I think can go all the way but i am reading the laws in Vic and i was actually thinking of relocating the whole family.

I am not propagating GSD that can not work.

Like i said just desperate.

Edited by Misha

Misha, my understanding is that Schutzhund does now (those that are still able to run) permit others to train in the other quadrants that make up a partial sum of the total. But then, to only be allowed to run part of it, is not "Schutzhund". It's like saying "you can do agility sport so long as you don't do anything that involves running on things or jumping".

Edited by Erny

The unsuitable dogs cannot do bite work in our club, some do obedience along with dogs of ineligible breeds to trial in Schutzhund, some do tracking. They are not rejected from participation in other activities other than Phase C.

When I re read my previous post It was not clear even to me what I was trying to say. Sorry.

I will try to reworded it.

Lets put aside the history and the previous battles, for the sake of working dogs. What anyone can do to help. I live in VIC and I think (maybe i am wrong please advise) that i can not enjoy play freely with my dog as I think is healthy for working breed. I am big no lets reword that huge fan of GSD, the German way. I am not separating show and working line. I am big believer that there is one GSD. I love show lines but the ones that can work. I think that every dog from every litter should be capable of doing show and Shutzhund or at least trying to do otherwise that litter should not exists. Some breeder breed GSD for family dog but not work I think that they should change the breed. Yes people can choose not to do bite work that is their decision but GSD without some kind of test for its versatility should not be breed. GSD club should protect the breed . I should be able to expect some standard of quality. That is the reason why i am buying a pure breed dog. It should follow the standard. I should be able to predict to certain extend what i am getting. I know it sounds like a merchandise but the breeders needs to be responsible for the quality of the breed. If it does not pass the quality control then it should be just pet. Not a breeding stock.

I have a GSD and in current situation she is a pet. Spoiled and pampered all the way. I have small kids. All my previous dogs were family dogs but they also were capable of doing the work. And I tested them They were titled SCH III and competed on highest levels. I believe that my current one should be able to do the same otherwise it should not be breed. I know that there are a lot of breeders or at least some breeders that have complete GSD. I am not blaming any breeders but I am asking how breeders can ensure the quality of gsd FOR THE FUTURE.

Now what I can do as an individual. What anyone is doing to change the current state. Is there any group that is doing something. I do not wont to get involved in the previous arguments which group is to blame but what can be done if there is anything that can be done

Edited by Misha

Misha your last post is brilliant and I couldnt agree with you more.

I also love the GSD what a magnificent animal and I firmly believe that to truly

love the breed you must also maintain the history of the breed and that is to keep them

a dog that can both work and be shown and if not as you say do not breed them.

If you go to the Scutzhund Australia website and hit the link to Global Friends of Schutzhund

there is a petition to sign please get all friends and family to sign and email it in.

Thanks.

When I re read my previous post It was not clear even to me what I was trying to say. Sorry.

I will try to reworded it.

Lets put aside the history and the previous battles, for the sake of working dogs. What anyone can do to help. I live in VIC and I think (maybe i am wrong please advise) that i can not enjoy play freely with my dog as I think is healthy for working breed. I am big no lets reword that huge fan of GSD, the German way. I am not separating show and working line. I am big believer that there is one GSD. I love show lines but the ones that can work. I think that every dog from every litter should be capable of doing show and Shutzhund or at least trying to do otherwise that litter should not exists. Some breeder breed GSD for family dog but not work I think that they should change the breed. Yes people can choose not to do bite work that is their decision but GSD without some kind of test for its versatility should not be breed. GSD club should protect the breed . I should be able to expect some standard of quality. That is the reason why i am buying a pure breed dog. It should follow the standard. I should be able to predict to certain extend what i am getting. I know it sounds like a merchandise but the breeders needs to be responsible for the quality of the breed. If it does not pass the quality control then it should be just pet. Not a breeding stock.

I have a GSD and in current situation she is a pet. Spoiled and pampered all the way. I have small kids. All my previous dogs were family dogs but they also were capable of doing the work. And I tested them They were titled SCH III and competed on highest levels. I believe that my current one should be able to do the same otherwise it should not be breed. I know that there are a lot of breeders or at least some breeders that have complete GSD. I am not blaming any breeders but I am asking how breeders can ensure the quality of gsd FOR THE FUTURE.

Now what I can do as an individual. What anyone is doing to change the current state. Is there any group that is doing something. I do not wont to get involved in the previous arguments which group is to blame but what can be done if there is anything that can be done

The breeders need to take responsibility for the quality of what they are producing instead of blaming the GSDC, the ANKC as the reason they are breeding non tested and titled stock. The breeders can all read a German SV manual and understand the requirements of producing quality dogs in compliance with the breed standards, but choose not to which I can't imagine why in the world any breeders dedicated to the GSD would be satisfied producing sub standard dogs when they could be breeding to world class standards, it makes no sense :eek: