Citronella Spray Collars

Rileys mum

Wow. Thanks for all the replies n advice. I'm in SA which is why i was asking about the spray collars. I was walking my boy every morning but haven't been able to recently which probably isn't helping things. I guess I am really just thinking would using such a collar now, before things get established be any use??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ernie - I thought static collars were illegal in SA?

They are, unfortunately. Supposed to be outlawed under the guise of "Animal Welfare" but getting them outlawed I think was just an agenda borne from bloody-minded stubborness and by the time the fight, which went on and on and on for many years, was won, "animal welfare" as its centre focus I fear was forgotten. Just my opinion. But my question about "why Citronella?" was meaning "why not a cold spray or lemon scent spray collar?" (instead of Citronella. Unless you were using "Citronella" collar to mean a "spray" collar :D.)

:heart: Re-reading the above, I think I'm confusing myself.

Yes I suppose I just mean any sort of spray collar, I certainly don't have a preference for citronella over anything else.

My wholesaler I think does just have citronella but I can look elsewhere if someone asks again.

It sounds to me like the bottom line is your not going to know what will work for your dog till you fit the collar and see! With the exception of the static which sounds like it will work everytime but no good for us in SA.

I missed this :

I ain't trying to condescend or accuse you of not being honest. I was actually attempting to offer support for everything you said about e-collars before the stim vs shock thing, but hey, what can you do. My apologies for sounding condescending.

You do these things and then you try to wrangle out of the fact that you are rude, and condescending. Even your 'apology' has a ring of insincerity to it.

You wrote :

:laugh::dancingelephant: ...You are so fair, and then at the last moment, just when everyone's feeling nice and comfy, you start playing down the aversives. Don't play down aversives!

And :

It's not worth it, and you don't have to. You just have to be honest.

Note your suggestion of me being dishonest above. If you're not accusing me of being dishonest, why are you telling me I just have to be honest (note context of sentence). You are also, in your post, accusing me of cajolery. Point that out, Corvus, seeing as you've accused me of it.

No one here is parading a "Ban E-collars!" sigh.

Also note your "poke tongue" and "sigh" comment (you wrote "sign" but I think it was a typo, as you tend to "sigh" a lot).

So .... I can't have a conversation in a thread supporting and explaining static anti-bark collars UNLESS someone is parading "Ban E-collars"? Rhetorical question, Corvus. No response necessary.

So Corvus - I'm saying that I do not appreciate your tone, implications and the other of your expressions that you persistently use in many of your posts.

In my day, when children frequently poked out their tongues to others when something was said, as you do, the children were thought of as brattish.

I would have let this go, but you do write these things consistently and persistently, then try the 'innocent' backing out of it (I've noticed this is usually forthcoming when you recognise that you aren't supported), as if that excuses you from refraining from rude/snide comments on some other occasion. You talk to people (certain ones .... ones you don't like) in a manner as though you love nothing more than to try to put them down (not that you're very successful, IMO). By doing that, do you think it makes you look superior? Another rhetorical question, Corvus. No response necessary.

So, if you "don't mean" what you say, either tidy it up before you hit the submit button, or don't say it.

You have also not responded to my request for you to point out where I have "played down the aversives" - your accusation followed up by your direction telling me to stop it.

Edited by Erny