Dogs That Are Collar Smart To Bark/e- Collars

Any suggestions for a dog that has become collar smart to e-collars

I thought I had done a good job with training the use on the e-collar but haven't used it for some time.Unfortunately one of my gsd's starts whining around tea time and it sometimes gets so loud,especially when you go to take dinner out it ends up like a scream.Tonight I kept closing the sliding door as soon as she started whining but after about 10 attempts I pulled out the e-collar and once it was on there was not a peep so she is obviously too collar smart.

What suggestions does anyone have to reintroduce it so she's not switched onto it?

I do use bark collars as well when I go out sometimes and it's too hot to put them in the crate and have discovered that she must move it sometimes and still barks

Edited by 4 Paws

Go back to your early days (pre e-collar training) "collar conditioning" regime. Pretend it's not on her and interact/train your usual way (as you do when you have not been using it).

It sounds to me that although you might have done the "collar conditioning" regime before you began training with the e-collar, you are now only using it situational specific (eg. antibark collar use).

Go back to your early days (pre e-collar training) "collar conditioning" regime. Pretend it's not on her and interact/train your usual way (as you do when you have not been using it).

It sounds to me that although you might have done the "collar conditioning" regime before you began training with the e-collar, you are now only using it situational specific (eg. antibark collar use).

Thanks Erny,thought that may have been the case

I don't normally pull the ecollar out like that but I had just had enough of the whining tonight

will try and do the same with the bark collars too and restart the collar conditioning again