Good-bye Beautiful Bella

Bow Wowy

My parents beautiful girl Bella went to God today. She was our last "family" dog, we got her before my brother & I moved out of home.

3 years ago she was diagnosed with osteosarcoma and had her right eye removed due to the tumour pushing up under it. She was given 6 months to live and defied all odds to kick on for another 2 1/2 years. In the past month the tumour has come back very aggressively and finally my parents made the heart-breaking decision to let her go. The Vet where I work did a housecall to my parents today and gave Bella her wings.

It was soul destroying seeing my Mum & Dad crying as they said their final good-byes. I have only seen my Dad cry once before and it felt like my heart was being torn apart. I feel so sad and helpless, I hate to see my parents hurting like this.

RIP Smelly-Belly, you were a beautiful, loyal dog who brought may years of joy into all of our lives (even though 12 years ago you ate my out of print Richard Laymon book before I finished reading it) . Love you Bell-Bell xxxooo