Dog Fiendly Accomodation In Mt Buller

Pomi

Hi everyone,

OH & I are planning a trip to Mt Buller for a weekend with our furry baby and we are wondering if anyone can recommend us pet friendly accommodation?

It will be our first time there with furry baby so we want it to be a good experience for him so he can experience the snow.

Thanks!

Pomi,

Sorry to burst your bubble but Mt Buller is an Apline Resort (kind of like a National Park, though I cant think of the correct terminology sorry).

No dogs are allowed up there. You can get a permit for one if you live there from the Resort Management Board but not for a visiting dog. The same goes for Mt Stirling (the mountain next to it)

Dinner Plain at Hotham is outside of the National Park and a think ages ago someone on DOL posted photos of their holiday in the snow at dog friendly accom.

Bit further to travel though.

I have heard that Dinner Plain is where they have dog sled training as well so that would be interesting to watch.

Falls Creek can have dogs too. I am not sure if anyone accommodates visiting dogs though.

We were thinking of going to Falls Creek with furry baby.

OH has found 1 or two accommodation I think...a bit out of Falls Creek but it's only for the weekend, we can manage.