Breed Groups And Their Uses And Problems

MissMolly

Now I wasn't going to post and ask for help, but I can not find what I am looking for..

I need to know the uses and problems in the following dog groups..

Terriers

Hounds

Gundogs

Working

Utility

Non sporting

Now I don't need much just a couple of examples of uses and problems..

When I search I can find uses for each breed and problems for each breed but not as a group, so I was hoping that DOLers with dogs from these groups could help me out...

MM

Now I wasn't going to post and ask for help, but I can not find what I am looking for..

Terriers

Hounds

Gundogs

Working

Utility

Non sporting

When I search I can find uses for each breed and problems for each breed but not as a group, so I was hoping that DOLers with dogs from these groups could help me out...

MM

Given the disparity of breeds within some Groups, you'll not find too many common uses OR problems.

What do you mean by "problems" by the way? :)

Terriers

Hounds

Gundogs

Working

Utility

Non sporting

MM

Given the disparity of breeds within some Groups, you'll not find too many common uses OR problems.

What do you mean by "problems" by the way? :)

We have sheets to fill out one for each group and we have to list each dog in that group and their uses and some problems, it doesn't make sense to me as each dog breed is different..

This is an example of the Toy group I did, some uses are, great for people with limited space, great to have curl up on your lap... Problems can become yappy, people tend to not train them and they can become nasty towards other dogs and people..

Just general stuff.

This is an example of the Toy group I did, some uses are, great for people with limited space, great to have curl up on your lap... Problems can become yappy, people tend to not train them and they can become nasty towards other dogs and people..

Just general stuff.

Most of the "problems" you've identified are owner, not breed created.

If you identified that as small dogs, developed to be kept indoors and as constant companions, they don't cope well with an outside life and little attention, I think that would be a far more accurate assessment of the Toy Group.

Just general stuff.

Most of the "problems" you've identified are owner, not breed created.

If you identified that as small dogs, developed to be kept indoors and as constant companions, they don't cope well with an outside life and little attention, I think that would be a far more accurate assessment of the Toy Group.

Thanks Poodlefan... Its been a few years since I had homework to do..

Edited by MissMolly