Softest Slicker Brush

Di*

I have a furminator for my kelpies and i absolutely swear by it... I got mine cheap on ebay... we bought our first one at around $100 at pet barn... since then got two off ebay for $15 - still great quality!

Thanks, yes, we have one of those too! We have the small-sized one. Gets rid of the fur well but I find it a bit weighty for the chi X and not so good on the longer fur of the sheltie X. Works best on our cats.

Since I have some experts online. Could you explain the use of those loopy metal things with the teeth and handle. Where do they fit into the whole brushing/grooming process?

thanks again for everyone's thoughts

Di

I think what you have described there is a shedding blade, I think its really only used for very long coated breeds to get rid of the dead hair, but I could be wrong there

I have a furminator for my JRT and I love it...she disagrees but it does the job, she doesnt agree with any sort of brush, at least the furminator gets the job done in a few minutes, I do also have a zoom groom (the kong one) and I dont mind it, I just prefer the furminator because its easier to clean out and the hair stays in nice neat bundles

Thanks GG

Doggyman slicker brush!

I got 2+ some other grooming gear imported from USA.

Cheaper, even with post!

About slickers and short-coat breeds...

My sister's RidgebackX loved a soft slicker brush- think he thought it was a sort of massage.

Would get a good result i.e. lots of hair off dog and on brush instead of furniture.

Hios coat was similar to a staffy or boxer- no long-coated breeds in his background, I'd say.

Yes, I have one very short-coated (and sparsely covered) chi x (maybe Italian Greyhound) and she doesn't mind the slicker. It's a bit weird what each will cope with.

thanks

Di