Seeking Advice For Dog Safe Grass Seed

Tapua

Hi Everyone

We own 1 acre and finally we are getting to clear and level the top paddock 1/2 acre. It currently has native grass, onion grass, weeds and goats head burr it had sheep on it before we bought it about 18months ago.. We are going to clear and level and I was wondering what to oversow with good grass seed and crowd out the weeds. One thread suggested that Bunnings has a dog friendly (low allergy) lawn seed and I wonder if anyone has used it. Or can recommend anything better?

You cant see well in this picture but the whole perimiter is planted with natives - it will look great in a couple of years.

post-27124-1287956256_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tapua

Seeing you're keen on native plants, have you contacted your local landcare, you may be able to oversow with a native grass? They may be able to suggest something that will work in your local area that meets your and your doggie needs, and won't become a weed in your area, match natural rain levels etc.

Seeing you're keen on native plants, have you contacted your local landcare, you may be able to oversow with a native grass? They may be able to suggest something that will work in your local area that meets your and your doggie needs, and won't become a weed in your area, match natural rain levels etc.

Good point - I will ask a friend locally.