Relaxin Blood Test

Rottgems

I've had 2 AI's on 2 bitches & had an ultrasound & Relaxin blood test to confirm that both bitches aren't pregnant!

What I want to know is how accurate is the blood test???

I'm organising a 3rd bitch to have a natural mating but I still think that my other bitches might?? be pregnant & don't want the possibility of 3 litters :thumbsup:

I've had 2 AI's on 2 bitches & had an ultrasound & Relaxin blood test to confirm that both bitches aren't pregnant!

What I want to know is how accurate is the blood test???

I'm organising a 3rd bitch to have a natural mating but I still think that my other bitches might?? be pregnant & don't want the possibility of 3 litters :thumbsup:

Bummer with the no pregnancy. Have just been through the same thing myself with no pregnancy from frozen semen. As far as the blood tests go the positive are very accurate, but it ranges from bitch to bitch as to what day it will pick up on the placental hormone, usually from about day 22-23 is a safe bet but some bitches can go to day 30 to pick up any results. There is about a 15% chance on picking up a false negative but should be 100% positive if it is positive....only pregnancy will produce the hormone required for the test to pick it up. However if the test is done too early it may come back negative , but if you are thinking your bitch may be still pregnant then the test can be done again a few days later. You must give the test at the very least 15 minutes to complete and even the faintest of lines is a positive!

All our girls have relaxin test at 21 days. Our vet tell us after this amount of time it can be not so accurate.

2 frozen AIs and both ultrsounded at 4 weeks both pregnant. One has since whelped and the other girl is due around the 20th of December

All our girls have relaxin test at 21 days. Our vet tell us after this amount of time it can be not so accurate.

2 frozen AIs and both ultrsounded at 4 weeks both pregnant. One has since whelped and the other girl is due around the 20th of December

:o Congratulations Firestone!

I had a x-ray on 1 of my bitches yesterday (she was day 46) & unfortunally nothing there :)

I'm presuming the other bitch is the same ;)

Next time I'll have x-rays to confirm pregnancy.....our vets aren't that good with their ultrasounds! :)