Bisolvon Use In Dogs

Hi everyone,

My 12 year old border collie has been a bit in the wars of recent - cataract surgery, post-op complications in one eye, ulcer on the other and now to top it off also has something going on in her lungs giving her a brilliant bronchial cough. Because of all the other meds she is on due to her surgery etc we're a bit limited with treatment for her lungs. Antibiotics have been started but for her cough there's not many things that can be used just yet.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has used Bisolvon to help with a cough in a dog?? it has been recommended to me by the vet. And if you have what dosage did you use? After going through all the other med changes we forgot to discuss that bit!! I'd like to get her started on it as soon as possible as we think stopping the cough may help the eyes get better a bit faster. So any and all advice will be welcomed!!

Thanks!

I have used Bisolvon with rescue dogs. I used one tablet twice a day whilst the dog was really snotty (this dog was literally dying of KC and needed all the help she could get to break up the mucus) and then dropped it back to one a day. I found the tablets so much easier to dispense by hiding it in food.