Frankie Has A Melanoma

kels84

took the pup into the vet today for her final vax and thought that while i was there i would get my rottie checked out.

there was a small lump on his front elbow and the vet wanted to have a sample taken to check.

called me back later to tell me its a melanoma,

Im so worried hope that he will be ok

has any body else been thru this

please let me know

post-37981-1294297693_thumb.jpg

Hey,

so sorry to hear that. :laugh:

My collie girls has a tumor, too. She's got a myxofibrosarcoma in her face/throat.

She ist doing pretty well so far. I've put her on a cancer diet and she gets treated with homoeopathy. That has stopped the growth so far and she's put on some weight again.

Since she is nearly 15 I doubt it will fully go away but hope for a bit of a decrease in size.

It's a horrible diagnosis and I really feel for you. When I first got the diagnosis (by which time she's already had it 2 years) I was just devesated and couldn't think!

I was so scared.

It took me some time to get everything into the right perspective but feel better now.

For me it's mostly about having her comfortable & pain free.

Melanomas are pretty aggressive. So if you consider surgery: do it quick! I would also recommend going to an oncologist to get it checked!

Cheers, Anissa

Hey,

thanks for the reply i have him in there today to have it removed. im worried sick :laugh:

so sorry to hear that. :laugh:

My collie girls has a tumor, too. She's got a myxofibrosarcoma in her face/throat.

She ist doing pretty well so far. I've put her on a cancer diet and she gets treated with homoeopathy. That has stopped the growth so far and she's put on some weight again.

Since she is nearly 15 I doubt it will fully go away but hope for a bit of a decrease in size.

It's a horrible diagnosis and I really feel for you. When I first got the diagnosis (by which time she's already had it 2 years) I was just devesated and couldn't think!

I was so scared.

It took me some time to get everything into the right perspective but feel better now.

For me it's mostly about having her comfortable & pain free.

Melanomas are pretty aggressive. So if you consider surgery: do it quick! I would also recommend going to an oncologist to get it checked!

Cheers, Anissa

They tell us that in dogs, 85% of melanomas that grow on haired areas of the skin are benign. They'll want to do histology though, to make sure your dog isn't in the unlucky 15%.

Most melanomas that grow on or near unhaired skin in dogs (such as the mouth or nail beds) are malignant.

They tell us that in dogs, 85% of melanomas that grow on haired areas of the skin are benign. They'll want to do histology though, to make sure your dog isn't in the unlucky 15%.

Most melanomas that grow on or near unhaired skin in dogs (such as the mouth or nail beds) are malignant.

thanks for the info put my mind to ease a bit poor boy is home now recovering

post-37981-1294397117_thumb.jpg