Clicker Training

Rainy

Once this is perfected, I can then introduce either a voice cue or perhaps a tap to the left leg to maintain that desired behaviour?

You can bring in a voice cue or tap to the left leg to signal to her that she has the green light to "heel". The behaviour is maintained by rewarding it. Once you have the cue you aim to have it under stimulus control, which means she does it when you cue it. And not when you don't cue it. You do this just by rewarding her when she does it on cue but not rewarding it any other time.

Once this is perfected, I can then introduce either a voice cue or perhaps a tap to the left leg to maintain that desired behaviour?

You can bring in a voice cue or tap to the left leg to signal to her that she has the green light to "heel". The behaviour is maintained by rewarding it. Once you have the cue you aim to have it under stimulus control, which means she does it when you cue it. And not when you don't cue it. You do this just by rewarding her when she does it on cue but not rewarding it any other time.

Great, thanks Corvus :whiteflag:

I knew I'd get the advice I needed here!

Today is only day one, so practice practice :confused:

When I charge the clicker I just click&treat 5 or 10 times so that they start to understand that click=treat. Then I start marking something they know or something simple (I started Quinn from day 1 with the clicker) and then move slowly onto shaping.

I adore clicker training, I think its done wonders for both Buster and Quinn's confidence and its so cool having Quinn who I have taught to offer all sorts of behaviours just try anything when she thinks there is a chance she might get something. He rfavourite at the moment is to fling herself madly into a heel position. lol