Rspca Agility Classes

Hi,

I've been looking around recently for some basic agility stuff for my BC pup to try and came across the RSPCA courses.

They have a pre-sports class starting at 6months about drive and the basics and then two levels of agility classes.

Has anyone tried these?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've been looking around recently for some basic agility stuff for my BC pup to try and came across the RSPCA courses.

They have a pre-sports class starting at 6months about drive and the basics and then two levels of agility classes.

Has anyone tried these?

Thanks!

Yep, I've been through all 3 levels.

Like anything there is good and bad in all of it.

They are great with pet dogs and their dog sport prep class isn't too bad, but if you want to go beyond dog park agility then you are probably better looking at one of the established Agility Clubs.

Cheers

Tony

Wow, never heard of the RSPCA doing agility classes!

AD, do they cover actual equipment or is just foundation type training?

They cover everything from foundations which are pretty good, up to sequencing on basic courses (including all the equipment.)

The good - they are getting dogs out and about, building relationships with their humans. It is a safe environment and everyone has fun.

The not so good - if you are looking to move into anything formal their criteria is a little wishy washy for my liking, but you will have fun.

Edited by Agility Dogs