Genetic Testing/dna

Panxan

I have been having a nosey online to find places to get relevent DNA tests done on my dogs. I checked Genetic Technologies but they don't appear to do all the testing I need. I would be looking at PRCD-PRA, profiling and PLL. I am struggling to find a test for PLL. Can anyone recommend a lab? I am in New ZEaland but assume I will have to have any samples sent to Aussie. Thanks!

I prefer to avoid GTG as I dislike their tactics to get patents additionally their prices are insanely high given the method of testing they use (mainly restriction digest) ... which is very cheap.

We can only hope that one day patents on genes will be nullified and labs can competitively price genetic tests.

I have been having a nosey online to find places to get relevent DNA tests done on my dogs. I checked Genetic Technologies but they don't appear to do all the testing I need. I would be looking at PRCD-PRA, profiling and PLL. I am struggling to find a test for PLL. Can anyone recommend a lab? I am in New ZEaland but assume I will have to have any samples sent to Aussie. Thanks!

I'd contact Gribbles (Auckland) or NZ Vet Path (Massey, Palmerston North) to see if they can either do the tests you are after, or if they know of a laboratory that can.

This is for my Chinese Cresteds. Didn't know that about GT they just seem to be the one I hear about most. Thanks I will check those NZ places. I think there is no reason why we can't do our own genetic tests right here in New Zealand!

Thanks for the help.