Wound On Paw?

Hi Everyone,

The dog has had something else happen to her (she is the queen of all mischief makers!) for those that don't know, about 2 weeks ago (this is our 18month old, not the puppy btw) she got into one of our moving boxes that we were bringing in to the house, and munched up some mosquito repellants, a call to the poisons line, vets, hubby getting out of work and a rush to the vets for them to pump her tummy were all fun. Stupid dog has a stomach of iron, and eats everything, but I wasn't taking chances, luckily she was fine, after that she somehow managed to get the flea spray down from on top of the filing cabinet (still cannot figure out how she did that!) luckily she chewed the handle and all she did was spray her cheek rofl.

ANYWAY HERES TODAYS PROBLEM: We hjust got back from a quick trip out and noticed a "wound" on her foot. I'm about to call the vets, but since its Easter Weekend, I have doubts as to whether they will be open until Wednesday.

Its on her right foot top of hte paw, JUST in front of her "knuckle" its like a swollen mini ball, about half a marble size, the hair there is missing, skin seems to be free and clear of any puncture marks (so I don't believe its anything like a nail or snake) the skins clear, and it looks like if you just kept scratching you hand back and forth till it starts to get those little tiny blood dots, but not bleeding if you get what I mean. Shes not limping, but I think (I may be looking to closely) tat she still maybe more leaning towards her left side, but there is no sign of limping. Its not bothering her, apart from when I tried to look at it, then she kept trying to pull her paw away and was licking it, and doing that mini chomping/gnawing thing on it.

Does it seem to warrant holdiay outside of hous/proper emergency care? Shes eating and drinking fine, doesn't seem bother elsewise, her co-ordination is fine, shes has energy, is happy playing and jumping round.

Also, should I clean it? What should I clean it with? Should I try to bandage it? We will still see the vets, just what to do meantime? If she shows any other signs, we will become the fastest ambulancein the world and call and wake every vet in the region lol, but Iam not sure i right now it warrants emergency care?

We washed it under cold water outside. The vets are opened tommorrow for a short period, so unless the swelling goes down, we'll take her in tommorrow. If she shows any other signs though, I have the contact for the vet on call.

Would love to know if there anything else I should watch for, or do for the wound. I was thinking if I cleaned and bandaged it, she would more than likely just attack the bandage?

xxx