Sun Bleaching In Coat

chocielab

I showed a chocolate Miniature Pinscher and sun bleaching was a problem as she loved lounging in the sun. I was home and spent a lot of time calling her inside lol. I've heard of different things to feed which is supposed to help but I think the sun always wins. Would your dog wear a light coat? That wont protect the other bits, head etc, though. Can you set up a spot in the shade? Shade is the only guaranteed answer IMO.

Like Pebbles, I also have a Chocolate and Tan Min Pin, and he has bleeched in the sun, but he hasn't lost his colour as bad, but then again he is a 4 times winner of Best Chocolate and Tan in a row! He is almost 3 years old, and probably one of the very few, Min Pin that still retain his dark chocolate coat!

He has a preference to be indoors anyway, so he doesn't sunbath but I have found when playing with him that he had like a winter coat that was falling off in a sense, so I stripped him with a stripper and he seems to still has his dark chocolate coat on him, but you can still see his pale bleeching through his back but it's not as noticeable!

No special diet, or anything, just the same meals as our other dogs.

Edited to add: Forgot to add, to help keep his coat dark for the shows, I used to spray a bit of water on his coat, and then put a bit of Chris Christensen Silk Spirit on him, as it helps make their coat look fresh and brings the colour up and makes their coat look great! The bottle sizes for the silk spirit probably may not be enough for your Lab, it'd probably take 1/2 a bottle to do the job! :laugh:

haha yes i dont think we will get very far with one bottle on my lab lol i love min pins my friend has them and they are so self assured also the scariest 4 inches of dog i have ever seen :rofl: