Another Transport Question

DAVERI

hi

we are looking at getting a new dog hopefully soon and haven't had much luck in our local area.

can anyone give me some tips as to who to contact to get prices to transport just to the brisbane air port. last time i transported a dog by air was back in 2004 and we also traveled with her so it was only $25. im expecting a lot more now but not sure what.

im hoping if i can get an idea i can work out how far away we can extend our search.

also wouldn't mind if anyone can tell me if you need to get quarantine etc if you want to bring a dog in from NZ. and what other costs would been attactched.

thanks

Not sure where you are... Is the dog arriving at Brisbane airport? Where would it be coming from, NZ? If it's going to need to travel by air, you could try getting a quote from Jetpets? There are other air transporters but I can't think of names atm.

You can contact the pet transport companies (Jetpets, Dogtainer and others that I can't recall names of at the moment ) for domestic as well as international price estimation. In the past I have dealt directly with Australian Air Express when my dogs have travelled unaccompanied interstate.

AQIS website http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs will give you information about requirement for importing dogs from NZ and other countries.

thanks for that i will check that out.

i haven't found a dog in NZ but was just thinking 'what if' as to how much it would cost in case i had.

the dog would be travelling alone and be getting picked up brisbane.