14 Months Dog Urinating Everywhere After Moving

Lynn725

It has been 4 months now since we moved and my dog has not get over with it! I'm very upset and desperate now!

He urinates in my room and my sister's room and sometimes along the hallway. Sometimes I wonder if this is his way of speaking he is not happy with us!

Because he normally does that when we ignore him!

Please give me some advice so I can handle this situation and steps that I could do to undo the wrongs! Thanks in advance

Ps. HE is 14 months old Japanese Spitz, neutered

Dogs are situational learners so what they learn in one location does not necessarily translate directly to another. Your dog may have been house trained not to go inside at your old house, but unless you reinforced this learning at the new house it may not understand that the same rules also apply there. Going back to basics for at least a while is always a good thing to do when you move house, no matter how old the dog is. I would suggest going back to basics with the house training now. Make 'access all areas' in the house something to be earned (it is not an automatic right) and if you can't supervise, either crate your dog, have him outside or confine him to one area like the kitchen. I would restrict access in particular to those areas inside where he is going. Take him outside regularly (go outside with him) and when he goes outside, praise him - just as you would for a puppy. If the dog goes inside and you don't catch him in the act, resolve to better supervise him in future as without more supervision and reinforcement he will just keep doing it (as basically he doesn't understand what your rules are in this house).