Breeders Blurb

Astese

Yes for ex: dog from Turkey goes to USA, then offspring from the same dog is imported to Australa with an AKC pedigree.

I did that last year, had a bitch in whelp moved to a cat4 country so I could get what I needed, its not a new rule, but a way to get a dog from a Cat 6 country that are not allowed in Aus from direct import.

No, it is not the same thing :)

Previously, a dog had to have a complete three generation pedigree AND all dogs in that pedigree to be from ANKC recognised CCs.

Now dogs can be imported and registered with the ANKC, as long as the dog's pedigree is issued by an ANKC recognised CC.

Without a pedigree issued by an ANKC recognised CC, dogs from countries where there is no ANKC recognised CC (ie: Turkey) cannot be re-registered by the ANKC.

This is independent to the AQIS process that requires the dog to live in a category 4 country for 7 to 9 months before arriving in Australia.

dogs still need a three generation pedigree I believe, well thats what I have been lead to believe and that was last year with another dog I was looking to import. But I will check this out.

That's what I believe, atleast 3 gen for the ANKC.

Edited by EISHUND