Triocil Dog Shampoo

booge

I've been using EPO shampoo on my itchy boxer the last month, results were initially pretty good with a small dosage of cortisone (normally cortisone in small dosage doesn't help much). I've used up the last of my cortisone and have had a go with EPO shampoo only. The itches seemed to have returned again within about a week, my own assessment is allergies to grass pollens which seem to be all over the ground at the moment. The licking and chewing starts then the bacteria/fungal itches and smells return and continues the cycle.

I'm wondering what sort of results people have had on here using Triocil to control skin bacteria and fungus related itching?

Booge I have had a dog that has itches and constantly breaking out and then getting smelly, and I have found that Selsun gold was the best thing for her, but it's an ongoing thing and she needs to be bathed with the selsun every two to three weeks to keep it in check. I don't know if it will help your dog, but I tried everything until I was told about the shampoo by someone else who had a dog with the same problem. You could try putting Pawpaw ointment on the sores, that's is what I do with any of mine who get hot spots from itching and biting areas. We have the same problem with allergies as we have a lot of air borne pollens etc, as well as grasses. It's like a never ending story.

Guest Augustine The Boxer

You can try virgin cold-pressed coconut oil we've been getting some good results. It is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.

Guest Augustine The Boxer

Sorry booge, I meant topically. We have had good results when applied directly onto the skin. Using coconut oil in food can be a bit of a science but you can get good results with it in the right quantities with the right food. Would be interested to find out how you go if you try it topically.