Gold Coast Breeder Permit

Heidii

Hi guys, I have just moved to the gold coast and am getting all my 'dog stuff' organised. I have found out that you need a breeder permit up here to have a litter/entire bitch. I have only 1 entire bitch whom I don't plan on breeding for at least 2 years and I just don't think its worth getting it for just 1 bitch. Can anyone tell me what would happen if I don't get this permit and I have a litter in the future? Can they do anything about it? Does DOGS QLD require me to have this permit if I hold a prefix?

Hi,

I have just got my Gold Coast councils breeders permit. I am planning to breed my first litter soon.

I was told by the GC council not to apply for the permit until I planed on breeding as the permit only last 3 yrs & you dont really need it until you breed & you may want it sooner if you plan on having lots of dogs. You do not need this permit to keep entier dogs you will just pay more for dog rego each year.

The GCCC permit allows the breeder to keep up to 8 dogs + puppies. The council will come to your home to inspect how your dogs are kept + aske questions. I found them to be really good to deal with.

Dogs QLD do not require you to have a GCCC permit, but is does help with getting the GCCC permit if you are a member of Dogs QLD.