Paracord Collars: Anyone Tried Them?

koalathebear

Much as I love some of the beautifully hand-crafted dog tags that are around, sometimes they get too dangly, they're easily lost and sometimes we get foster dogs in who like chewing on dangly tags. Accordingly, we've been tending towards embroidered personaliesd collars for our dogs like these ones.

I keep eyeing these personalised Paracord Dog Collars which I think are really nice-looking.

db_file_img_1261_400x400_zps7760c55e.jpg

Has anyone else used a paracord collar? Any thoughts? In terms of attaching a leash, the blurb says that they come with a D ring.

Not had any experience with those types of collars sorry - but I've looked through the website you linked, Koalathebear, and stumbled across their Waterproof Soft Grip Scruff Tag collars which would seem to be the perfect solution for the perpetual case of "stinky collar" we suffer as a result of two swimming labradors.

So I'm sad to find that this site doesn't ship internationally :( If you've actually ordered from them in the past, could you let me know how you did it? I've got items in the trolley and credit card in hand, but alas, stymied at the final hurdle!..

(but thanks for linking the site- I now know that what I want/need is actually out there, I just need to find a way to get it.)

Cheers from the black dogs!

Hi TBD - they are partnered with bongo so if you select that you are in Australia, it flicks you through to bongo to finalise your purchase and pay. Just make a note of exactly what you've ordered because sometimes the personalised details of the order don't get through to bongo.

I've got these for our resident dogs: http://www.dogids.com/product/solid-ribbon-embroidered-collar/

and one of these for our foster dogs: http://www.dogids.com/product/nylon-webbing-scruff-tag-collars/ so that we don't have to use an ugly tag anymore ie it just says 'foster dog' and contact details etc.

Hmm, I've just checked again and it's weird - they seem to have deactivated the international option. I've sent them an email asking about it. If they have, that's fine - I have an account with shipito that I use to buy things when they only ship to US (Kindle, amazon.com stuff) so I can use that if needed for my next order.

TheLBD: their stuff is very nice. I love a lot of their collars and the leashes are nice, too

Edited by koalathebear

I have a couple of these paracord collars Heavy Hauler Duck Band Dog Collar (hoping the link works!). It doesn't have the name tag incorporated into the collar, however I use Boomerang Collar tags which I can slide onto buckle collars.

I like the look of the collar and have found the paracord to be strong, it has withstood my 30kg GSP pulling on it madly. Unfortunately it does get smelly with water exposure though, so I might have to go back to the poly nylon ones for my water keen GSP.