Going Away For 9 Days...

katevin

Thanks all for your responses!

I did enquire with Archie's vet regarding boarding him there but they referred us onto a dog kennel, which was lovely and did have some "deluxe" packages although we didn't really want to go down this path with such a young pup.

So we enquired about an in house pet minder through an agency, went out to visit a family that were happy to take Archie into their home, but had a few concerns about their house (including a poorly fenced pool :eek: ) so had to turn them down.

Next move was googling 'pet minders Geelong', where I came across a lovely retired lady who sounded perfect. Unfortunately she is booked out for the rest of the year (a testament to how great she must be!) which is a shame but because she is so busy minding dogs, her brother and his wife (also a lovely, retired couple) now take on dogs that she can't! Yay!

So Archie spent 9 nights with this couple and had a wonderful time :thumbsup: We took his crate so that he had a "little piece of home" with him, but instead he spent most of his time snuggled up on the couch with his minders! He had constant access to their backyard and was always running in and out.

This has turned into a bit of a novel but just thought I'd post an update- he was well looked after and we'll be using this couple again for sure. It was $20 per night so a real bargain!

Thanks again for all suggestions and responses :)