Miscarriage

Goldengirl25

Hi all

Hoping someone may be able to offer a little advice if they have been through this with their girls.

We found out 26th April our girl had miscarried as the Ultrasound showed there was not enough fluid in the sacs and the puppies had not developed properly. We have had her on Anti-biotics (Clamoxyl) since then to prevent any infection.

Yesterday morning she started aborting the puppies, she was very upset & unsettled, crying & moaning so we took her to the vet, he prescribed Anti-biotics and gave us some pain relief liquid to put in her food.

Just wondering if anyone that has experienced this with their girls has had to give the girl anything to help expel the left over inside her or if she just passes it all naturally.

The vet last night took a swab and she has no infection which is good. I do not want to put her at risk of any infection as we would like to try her with a natural mating next time as this was her first mating which was AI.

I will look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thank you

Edited by Goldengirl25

Hi all

Hoping someone may be able to offer a little advice if they have been through this with their girls.

We found out 26th April our girl had miscarried as the Ultrasound showed there was not enough fluid in the sacs and the puppies had not developed properly. We have had her on Anti-biotics (Clamoxyl) since then to prevent any infection.

Yesterday morning she started aborting the puppies, she was very upset & unsettled, crying & moaning so we took her to the vet, he prescribed Anti-biotics and gave us some pain relief liquid to put in her food.

Just wondering if anyone that has experienced this with their girls has had to give the girl anything to help expel the left over inside her or if she just passes it all naturally.

The vet last night took a swab and she has no infection which is good. I do not want to put her at risk of any infection as we would like to try her with a natural mating next time as this was her first mating which was AI.

I will look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thank you

Take the vet's advice