Plush Puppy

Risyntira

Hi Rysintira,

I'm going a bit off topic here, but I've found with my dogs and from friends with coated breeds too, that the time frame before bitches start to look "showable" again is generally 6 months after the litter.

Sorry :thumbsup: if that wrecks any plans you have, but you may just have to grin and bear it (have fun with the puppies) and wait to show her again when she has a competitive coat, otherwise you are wasting your time and money. Another thing that can happen if you show her out of coat is she may get beaten by dogs of a lesser quality because she is so out of coat. It's really hard with a coated breed, but once my girls have a litter, they don't go back till 6 months later and even then it's sometimes another 4-6 weeks from then for them to be competitive.

Now your breed doesn't carry quite as big a coat as mine, so the time frame may be shorter, but looking at the pic, I would say you have at least 12 weeks of growing to go from there, as there is no undercoat. In the meantime give her good nutrition and coat care and when her coat comes back it will be in beautiful condition. To give you some hope, I have found that bitches come back with a lovelier coat, after having a litter.

Back on topic, I love so many of the Plush Puppy products and they are top quality - obviously one of the reasons they are becoming so popular all over the world.

Hi all, Just come back from bathing my dogs with Plush Puppy! Uhhhhh, Love it even more, will post more pics after I come back from my sisters place.

Maggie looks lovely, but will wait to show her after her coat grows back, even though I used the volumising cream, it would look nicer if she has a fuller coat.

nynka, Thank you, I was hoping some one would go off topic and help in regards to Maggie's coat.

I didnt have any plans to show her just yet and don't mind having to wait a little longer.

Laura

Sorry Guys, didnt get back from my sisters till late, but here they are!

took these photos just now!!!

maggiepp.jpg

maggiepp1.jpg

maggiepp2.jpg

Ok, so Maggie still looks terrible after being groomed with Plush puppy, but hey, she is still beauitful in my eyes!!!

Kyrah Before Plush Puppy pixie dust (but after a bath):

kyrahpp.jpg

Kyrah, after pixie dust:

kyrahpp1.jpg

Laura

I am glad you liked the PP. they look great :thumbsup: .

The volumising cream is great and I have had some great results with using it on out of coat dogs, but I definitely agree to wait till you have more coat on Maggie before showing her. Unfortunately she will not do herself justice with the coat she has now. Di you blow dry them too?? The trick to a lot of these products like the volumising cream is to use in conjuntion with blow drying and to brush the hair while drying so it stands up more.

Thanks espinay2,

Di you blow dry them too??

Yes, I think the reason why Maggie isn't as 'fluffy' is I might not have added enough Volumising cream, I didnt want to over do it!

Maggie is just coming back into coat and I am hoping it comes back better.

Will add more volumising cream on her next bath, which she shouldn't need for about another three weeks.

My girls smell lovely, and their coats a smoother and softer. :thumbsup:

Laura

My yard has heap of fleas, is the rain bringing them in? what can I use to kill them all? Someone told me LIME!

I am having trouble breaking the cycle, everytime I think I am on top of the problem they are crawling on my dogs again!

Firstly have you managed to get on top of your flea problem?

Secondly what and how much are you feeding Maggie and are your dogs fed separtely to each other?

Thirdly Maggie doesn't look very happy in any of the photo's have you considered taking her to get a vet for a checkup she may not be feeling very well. Maybe a Thyroid check?

No amount of product will help if you don't have a healthy dog to start with.

Please don't take my questions the wrong way but Maggie seems to have dropped far too much coat after her litter.

Laura, I posted a question last year that may have some tips for getting a post-whelp coat back in shape - here.

Maggie's coat is looking quite unhealthy overall though (lack of gloss, seems patchy rather than overall hair loss etc), so it might be time to look at her diet to see what's lacking (most likely proteins and oils). If you're not feeding BARF then I suggest you try it, does wonders for the dogs and it's cheaper than commercial too.

I'm not sure if you were stacking the dogs for the photos or just free-standing them, but they are a-framing quite a lot. You need to work on their stance at the front (encourage them to lean forward not backward) and in most of the photos (which is why I wasn't sure if you were meaning to stack them or not) you have the hocks in the wrong place too (both tucked in and stretched out too far).

Good luck for your plans in 2006

:happydance:

Hi ML,

I must have missed your post thank you so much for adding the link, I do not feed BARF ( :happydance: at me!!!)

I'm not sure if you were stacking the dogs for the photos or just free-standing them

:happydance: at myself, I tried to stack on their grooming table and take the photo at the same time!

BC4ME,

Firstly have you managed to get on top of your flea problem?

Yes, thank you for asking.

Secondly what and how much are you feeding Maggie and are your dogs fed separtely to each other?

I feed my girls apart, I feed, supercoat biscuits (usually active) as well as the supermarket dog rolls. (Prota premium formulated with maxi-coat) but normally 200gms and/or a chicken frame each, as well as leftovers, such as veggies, eggs, etc.

Thirdly Maggie doesn't look very happy in any of the photo's have you considered taking her to get a vet for a checkup she may not be feeling very well. Maybe a Thyroid check?

I didnt think of that BC4ME. I need to get her vaccinations again soon so will get him to check her out too.

Please don't take my questions the wrong way but Maggie seems to have dropped far too much coat after her litter.

No, didnt take it the wrong way, thanks for your help, I did ask my mentor about her dropping far too much coat and said it was normal, her bitches are almost bald even their tail after whelping.

Laura.

:happydance: I am worried now. :lie:

ETA: the name of the dog roll.

Edited by RISYNTIRA