Hot Spots

I have a girl that gets hotspots with certain foods. ANY of the Supercoat products bring out hotspots in her, even the Senstive, in fact I still have 1/3 of bag in a drum that is going to the bin. The Advance Turkey and Rice was no good either, found the Large Breed Growth exc. for mine with food allergies. Never tried Hills vet lines, tried Euk FP and there was not enough in it for my adult male, even tried Royal Canine GSD.

I have them all now on Big Dog The Edge BARF and add a cup of Coprice Working Dog kibble to this.

I was running low over the last few days and only had the Supercoat left, so had to feed that, my girl within 12 hours had her first hotspot in months!

You can eliminate hotspots through very good flea control, diet and regularly brushing during shedding stages. When you get hotspots, I found Maleseb wonderful and cooling and also spray the area with Cetrigen purple horse spray, it has an antibacterial and fly repellent. I got the Coprice yesterday and already her hotspot is crusted over

Sheltisrule, puppies can get puppy pimples too, they do clear over time. Also be aware of Ringworm, but your vet would have picked it up the time of consult

thank you holly that's great advice really appreciate it I'm trying pro plan I it's a salmon based kibble for sensitive skin & stomach so far so good he's been on it for a week, so far he's going really well but I'm keeping a eye on him I use advantix for flea control it's the best product I've ever used and his diet at the moment is a chicken frame and half a cup of the new kibble & veggies but every second day he's having a kibble free day he's a little on the fat side at the moment :rolleyes:

Cheers,