Puppy Peeing While Asleep

kiki

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have an 8 week old male lab pup.

Today he was on the sofa and he peed while sleeping. It was a decent amount - not just a few drops.

Normally I leave him until he wakes up, then I take him outside to do his business.

Should I be worried?

Also, how much time should it be between pees? A few times I have taken him out to pee, taken him inside, and only 10 mins later he does another inside!

Hi Kiki

I too have a new puppy (although he is almost 10 weeks old now) and he pee's alot too.

I think I counted about 5 piddles in the space of 30 minutes...... most of the time they are just dribble ones, but I'm not going to complain if he does them outside.

As for the piddling while he was asleep....I would have thought that a little strange as I thought that they don't tend to 'mess' where they sleep. Maybe he was pretending to be asleep, or was just waking up, and sort of lost control? Was it raining or cold outside? My puppy doesn't like going on the grass when it has been raining and just pee's on the bricks!!

Maybe just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't do it again. He may have just been lazy or comfy and couldn't be bothered getting up!

Good Luck!

I also have a puppy now 13 weeks and think you're doing everything right, but we also put her out after each meal too as well as after her sleeps. Hopefully your pup was just having a dream as I've never had a dog mess their own sleeping area either. We were disturbed when our older dog started eating the new pup's poohs! Vet said this was completely natural & not to worry & he's actually now stopped! You should'nt worry, just enjoy your new pup.post-11229-1154784457_thumb.jpg