This Is Going To Be Fun

Livi

Guess where mine are- couch

I was thinking it was time I told them to get off, my kids lay on the floor and my dogs have the couch, even though the dogs will get off if told to.

My kids will watch DVDs in their room cos its more comfy on their beds than the floor

We must all be really naughty doggie mums

My Dante is the same if I tell her "off" she wanders around and around looking for somewhere to lay down, she will then eventually sit next to whoever is on the couch panting (cos she is so tired) she never gives in

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Australdi by 8pm last night I was considering printing out about 20 copies of your first post in this thread and sticking them up all over the house :rofl:

If I had a video camera it would have been so funny....he would get up, told "off" then jump on the other lounge..told "off" repeat until I get him to "drop" on the mat..and praise.

At one point he just stood there with his head on the lounge cushion...of course my camera battery chose that exact moment to DIE..but it is on charge so hopefully some photo opportunities tonight.

He ended up settling well on the floor, I layed on the lounge and when he wasn't sticking his nose under my arm for attention would give him a pat.

He is outside sulking again today :laugh:

Well he can come in if he likes, two nice comfy spots on the floor for him to choose between...I've even given him a cushion for a pillow ;)

;) :rofl::rofl: hehehehhee I'm having a visual! :rofl::rofl: ...why are dobermanns so hard to say no too??? That sook is harder to resist than puss in boots in shrek2!!!...I just though of something that worked with daims.....he was a heater hog (as well as a doona hog) ...if fact he was just a woos about getting cold/wet ("oh no...I can't go out for a pee mum....it's drizzling out there!!! :rofl: ;) )

anyway...I laid a fluffy rug on the floor and another fluffy rug in front of the heater...you can guess which one he picked at night! the large one in front of the window was for catching rays on sunny days :D

...trust me...go the fluffy rug!!!!!!!!!! ;) :rofl:

Aus

;) :rofl::rofl:

I don't know what is more funny mate, the fact that he is being an absolute sook about this (in true doberdog style)... or the fact the your even trying!! :rofl: :D

See, Jazz can do the head on the couch thing too. If the couch is full, she will walk up to one of the single couches, stand beside it and do The Look. You all know which one I'm talking about. "I can't believe that you actually expect me to sit on the floor. Poor me. The floor. I don't know how I could possibly get comfortable down there." And then up goes a paw, a few seconds, another paw, and before you know it, you have a Dobe wrapped around your neck! ;) ;) :rofl::laugh:

:rofl: :D ;)

BTW...that first pic is soooooo cute!!!!!

but why does that second pic remind me of Daim's and the bean bags????? I knew I'd been clubbing hard all night when I stumbled in at 9am...but I couldn't work out why it had snowed inside!!! :rofl: It made a great xmas shot when I posed him in the middle of it all with a santa hat on! :laugh:

also...while we're on the topic of sooks....I've another visual for you all.

Daim's first trip to the vet when we moved to tassie....was fine (sit stay & on best behaviour..very impressive!) until it was time to enter the exam room. ;)

....bum down, legs splayed...vet nurse pushing from behind...me dragging from the front, dog sliding & looking like he was goining to the slaughterhouse! In the room...head hanging...stump trying to dissapear up bum...vet standing there....

me: "Hi meet Daim's, my big viscious guard dog!"

vet " I see...typical sookie dobermann!"

;) :rofl: I instantly trusted this vet because I knew he knew the breed well! :rofl:

:rofl:

Aus

Speaking of getting wet, it has been pouring rain here so Jones went toilet on the concrete (undercover) silly dog was looking sooooo guilty about it too ;)

Gosh does he really think I'm that awful ??

I don't care where he poo's as long as it isn't inside the house..I told him it was OK, I have to pick it up anyway and I do understand it is cold and horrible out there ;)

Besides which I would be the one having to watch him sook and shiver if he had to go out the pouring rain for a poo :laugh:

Besides which I would be the one having to watch him sook and shiver if he had to go out the pouring rain for a poo ;)

oh & they can milk that one for at least 1/2 hr....the occasional shiver, only when you're looking of course! ;) :laugh:

Aus

Hahahaha! Daims sounds like he was a big laugh!! Zillah has a lot to live up to. But no worries, I am sure he will have you :laugh: ;) more times than you can count.

Sunny, no need for going on the concrete. Jazz will just look at the rain, and then look at me going 'You must be joking?!?!' She did go once inside about a year ago. I had to leave her inside the house with no one there for a whole weekend, just got my brother to drop some food off on the Saturday night. When I got home, she had done a poo in the corner on the tiles downstairs and she was sooooo guilty. :D I didn't blame her though cus she had been locked up but she was so scared that I was gonna that I was going to get cranky that she didn't move from her bed nearly all night!! :rofl:

We need pics and vital stats here:

Jazz (aka Princess Jazzmine) is a 4.8 (not quite 5) year old red b!tch ;)

Her first and only title, which she is willing to share with Dobes world wide, is CPX: Couch Potato Excellent :rofl::rofl:

No pics at the moment but when I get home, I will find the most gorgeous one (hard to do, I know, cus all the photos of her are just perfect!) and post it up.

Edited by Hiex

ok...Daims/Damon, (joelfield mikko) 15/11/95 - 22/8/06 Entire. Two exclusives in his line...Fosc de los valientes (imp spn) (maternal grandfather) & CH Ebo V/D Groote maat (maternal grandsire) you can see a piccie of him in (mark ladd's dobermanns owners companion pp : 60 !) ;) ...must admit..it's really cool to find a photo of one of your "pups" ancestors in a breed book! hehehe

he was Aust Ch at scamming pats & cuddles off anyone!!!! ;) ...and doona hogging!

post-12055-1157609382_thumb.jpg

Zillah (Midnitemyth Harley) 25/04/05 - ..... red & tan (no photos available yet) de-sexed (RSPCA adopt)

master at being irrepresible! so far!

& you're right Hiex...Daim's was one in a million! :laugh:

but Zillah's a real character too! :rofl:

:rofl:

Di

;) :laugh: ;)

this morning I took the baby out for a toilet, yes in the rain and wind.

She stood there roached and looking like a harbour bridge lifting alternative paws as the grass was wet.....

I stood there in my pijamas getting soaked...... :rofl: waiting for her to make the decision...

Rex chose to hold the wee for a bit longer and refused to leave the house :rofl:

At least Dobes stay clean, hairy double coated ones just go out and get sopping wet and muddy without a care in the world...and share it with the carpet, furniture,your clothes if you are really lucky ;)

At least Dobes stay clean, hairy double coated ones just go out and get sopping wet and muddy without a care in the world...and share it with the carpet, furniture,your clothes if you are really lucky :rofl:

Good point!!!!

Aus

...um does anyone else get the feeling that this thread has gone ;) & become a dobe thread in general? :laugh: ...you know..we're as ADD as our dogs! :rofl:

;)

Sunny, i think the key phrase there is 'at the moment'. Dont you mean, not for much longer? Cuz you know, he will be back up there soon enough!

I should have known that I would jinx myself. After saying about Jazz going to the toilet inside, she did one better today. I came home from work, walked into the front room and I see it: Jazz threw up on the carpet. :rofl::rofl: Some dumbass gave her bones from the lamp chops last night and there bits of it were, sitting on the carpet. How lovely ;)

Mon, Rex obviously hasnt taught Div that no matter how much you need to go, if it is raining you can always hold on just a little longer. It would have been a great sight, a dobe picking her way through the grass trying to pee and her owner absolutely soaked to the skin waiting for her! :laugh: ;)

Aus, when you have dogs as gorgeous as ours, it is no wonder we need to have our own little thread! :D :rofl:

Aus, when you have dogs as gorgeous as ours, it is no wonder we need to have our own little thread! ;) :rofl:

I agree! :D ;) ;) don't you just love the way they daintily pick up thier feet when they encounter water on the ground!!! :laugh: like they'd melt if they left their feet there longer than a second! :rofl: ..and the look of horror on their face just cracks me up! :rofl:

Aus

Taking the topic right back on track...

Honestly, I can't believe that you owners are allowing this to happen ! Haven't you heard of RULES ??

As I fervently promised - crossmyfingershopetodie ..to my OH

1) all future dogs will be outside dogs

2) OK - maybe inside .. but NEVER allowed on furniture

post-3489-1157655698_thumb.jpg

3) OK - maybe on outside furniture .. but only allowed on inside sofas if not feeling very well

post-3489-1157654898_thumb.jpg

Who am I kidding ?

An OH who demands that dogs should be "outside dogs" deserves a kick in the pants. :D

As if companionship and fun is of lesser importance than a bit of extra cleaning or a few dogs hairs... I'd rather play with my dog than comply with someone's obsessive compulsive cleaning disorder... SHEESH!!! :):rofl::rofl:

Even my parents who a "clean freaks" don't mind Flame inside or on the leather seats in the expensive X5.... so there!! :)

Well....we are doing well :rofl:

I think maybe two weeks of not allowed on the lounge at all to teach him that there is an alternative ??

This is my main goal really, he makes such a nuisance of himself pacing around and refusing to settle unless there is a space for him that I felt drastic measures were required.

It is horrible when you are "dog tired" and just want to flop and watch some TV and cuddle up with the kids and he wont settle. Either one of the humans compromises their comfort for the sake of peace (usually me :) ) or he gets sent to bed early.

I just want him to be able to accept thay laying on the floor next to us is a reasonable option :)