This Is Going To Be Fun

Livi

Bilby, I dont know who your kidding either cuz your dog has you wrapped around his little paw!! :):)

I know what you mean mate! Parents are absolute suckers for the fur kids. My mother got her couch re-upholstered and said 'okay, no more dogs on the couch'. Hah! I dont think that lasted even a day..... :rofl: :D

ETA: Flames Daddy, I love your sig!! :rofl:

Edited by Hiex

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An OH who demands that dogs should be "outside dogs" deserves a kick in the pants. :cheer:

especially Dobermanns!!!!! I have had an ongoing argument with my father that Dobermanns ARE NOT outdoor dogs!!!! they are a member of the family & if he wants my dog to sleep outside...then he should too! :cheer: It also took me a long time to train my father out of starting marking wars with Daims :) ...it was hilarious to watch!...Daims would mark...then dad would spray it with some strong scent...so daims would go back & mark it again...several times for good measure! :D years later...Dad finally worked out that if he went & pee'd on one particular spot...then that was where Daims would pee! woohoo! finally my father had been trained! :rofl::rofl:

Flames dad...I couldn't survive a day without a dobe cuddle! :) P.S. flame looks so much like Daims did when he was young!

cheers

Aus

Hi Australdi - good on you for taking a stand for Daims! Dobes are definitlely indoor dogs... and that's a big part of the fun of living with them. Nice to hear your Father finally got trained! :)

Its excellent that you're into the whole "Dobe Cuddling" thing... it's fantastic! I'd love to see more piccies of Daims... he must have been a wonderful dog.

I don't know if you've seen this piccy but its my favorite "Dobe Hug" pic at the moments... but I have lots! :thumbsup:

contrasting_colours.jpg

:) Ummmmm wellllll :thumbsup:

Ok he has learned that it is an option to sit on his nice cosy mat with snuggly blankets on the floor..but you know how the weather turned really cold ?

Well a Dobe is a very environmentally friendly and economical way to keep warm on a cold rainy evening :D

:o Ummmmm wellllll :D

Ok he has learned that it is an option to sit on his nice cosy mat with snuggly blankets on the floor..but you know how the weather turned really cold ?

Well a Dobe is a very environmentally friendly and economical way to keep warm on a cold rainy evening :o

hahahhahaahahhaahaahahahaahahahhahahahhaha! YOU SUCKER!!!!!! hahahahahaahahhhahhhha (hell I can't talk! Zillah sleeps with me now...with his own doona!!! ...and pillow!!!!:thumbsup: )

:D :) :D :D :D :rofl:

Aus

Flames Daddy...this is what flame might look like if he gets to the grand old age that Daim's did ;)

post-12055-1158047014_thumb.jpg

I forgot to add...Zillah's now going through the stage of "a hug is not enough" (16 mths) ....a REAL hug is climbing up onto mums lap/chest and resting all 34 kgs on her ribcage! hahaha....BTW...has anyone else noticed how bony dobe elbows can be?????

mummys bust is the perfect pillow & is in close proximity to her chin, which can be licked for alpha adoration from time to time! ....also as hand"maiden" to alpha mum, ears must be licked clean as well as any exposed toes!!! yep, even between the toes! hahhahaha...toenails are for nibbling, in the precise grooming of alpha bitch! :)

:thumbsup:

Aus

I hope Flame will look as youthful in her later years as your Dobe did Australdi! He must have had a good diet and great life. And yes he is "Flame-like" in appearance. Hmmm... interesting!

Flame is only two at the moment... plenty of puppyish zest!!

Here is a piccy of Flame on her "watch tower" and a pic of JBBB with Flame on the couch! :thumbsup:

post-7044-1158051550_thumb.jpg

spa_stance.jpg

Edited by Flames_Daddy

Fantastic Dog Hug pic, Dave .....

My OH isn't so bad really :thumbsup: .. he just goes through the motions of requesting future dogs live outside (he does all the housework) & I agree fervently .. but then .. to my utter surprise & astonishment (on Day 1 of the New Regime) .. & to his resigned smile ...

- it gets too cold

- it gets too hot

- it rains

- the wind is very blustery & quite scary

- the chooks (his chooks) are out & I haven't completed livestock training

- I'm worried the dogs will be stolen by someone with periscope vision who can see up our bush drive & round the house

- I'm worried that our neighbours (coo-eeee .. they are out there .. just not too near) might be bothered by barking.

post-3489-1158058391_thumb.jpg

& it has been very cold here so a few eiderdowns & blankets seemed only kind ..

post-3489-1158058496_thumb.jpg

Hey .. at least no-one's on the couch !

Edited by bilby

Flame's dad..I would be interested in comparing bloodlines....they do look really similar!

obviously Flame is from the european lines...wedge short muzzle & finer & more solid stature. I'm happy to trade pedigrees if you're interested!

Daim's was actually so healthy, that I trully expected him to get to 13 or 14 yrs...however a bone, just the wrong size & shape had other ideas!....he actually got through the op to relieve the bloat which is an achievement in any dog, let alone one that was 10 1/2 yrs old!...unfortunately, he was under anaesthetic just that little bit too long, and never pulled out of it :) ..but he held on for over 24 hrs until I had a chance to tell him how much I loved him! :D

most people mistook him for a pup his condition was so good...I'd have to point out his grey hairs around his muzzle to confirm that he was actually in his 70's!!!! I put his condition down to lots of love....and the best food money could buy...he was raised on Euky for the first 6 years, then I switched to Natural Balance, which I honestly cannot recommend high enough! both for it's nutrient content & it's price! Daim's is evidence of how good this food was! :D.....he was honestly the best male companion I have ever had the priveledge of spending time with (if only humans were more like dogs!) and if you didn't notice..he was entire...but NEVER was this a problem...he was the PERFECT gentleman! :D

I can't express how much I miss him...but Zillah is helping me through it, just as a good dobe will always do! ...I couldn't contemplate owning/being owned by another breed!

:thumbsup:

Di

Aus - seeing the pedigrees of your dogs and knowing Flames pedigree I can tell you that there are no common ancestors for the last 4 generations.

But Yes Flame is half Eurpean hence the fantastic head and good bone.

(After all it was my doing in a way she exists........... :thumbsup: ) oh such a long story.....

Myszka :D

I informed the breeders yesterday of joelfield mikkos' demise...seems he was the last of his line & even out lived some of his nieces & nephews :D

he was actually part of the first litter that the breeders produced, and they went with the philosophy of going back to the direct lines.....I'm only guessing, but I suspect he was the last(surviving) to have fosch & groote maat in his direct (3rd) decendancy....

it's just a shame that he never had the opportunity to sire :thumbsup:

he was of pure euro bloodlines & displayed all the standard characteristics that you could want from impressive bloodlines like that....with the addition of one of the finest temperments I have ever seen in an "entire" dog. It's not only my loss of my faithful partner that I mourn...but also the dobe breeding genetics, which has missed the opportunity of continuing fine breeding....and what a great loss that is :D

seeing the photos of Flame....I wish I had of had the chance to introduce the two of them....I suspect that the resulting litter would have taken out any show they were entered in :D...but such is life.....so many opportunities are missed :rofl:

all I can say is that throughout his life..he did his breed proud, and changed many peoples ideas about dobermanns in general! He was a credit to the breed as a whole :o

:)

Aus

oh! & BTW Sunny....:)

I was just about to tease you with Zillah's almost "instant" conversion to dog bed rather than the couch! :)

.....after "Diesel" (rotti x lab) came to stay on an access visit...Zillah decided that he would sleep on Diesel's bed!...woohoo!

until...last evening, when I was distracted by the computer, only to suddenly hear the ripping of fabric!....you guessed it, Zillah had decided that diesel's mat was the perfect chew toy & began to di-assemble it in enthusiastic abandon!!! :thumbsup:

now somehow, I have to glue varing pieces of foam together & stitch up the rips in the covering....and make huge apologies & offer recompense for the destruction of someone else's dog mat! :(

awww god! don't ya just love teenage dobes!!!! ;) :rofl::cry:

& guess what..he's reverted back to the couch! :D :D :D

Aus