Washing A Large Dog

Mustang66

Flame loves a bath! We have a hose that connects to the tap, so we wet her all over with that, shampoo, rinse with the hose and repeat. Then a good towel dry.

The hose in the bathtub is great because we dont use much water.

You guys are way cleaner than me, I almost never bath my dogs. When they need a "bath" I take a tennis ball to the river/dam and keep the dog fetching it til they come out clean. Our dogs cetainly dont smell bad, but the dont smell perfumed either :thumbsup: Our dogs come inside every night and if there was any smell my wife would let me know about it!! I have working setters (short coats than show setters) and pretty much consider them a "wash and wear" breed, no fancy grooming here, just a careful check for grass seeds.

We fill up a couple of those large watering cans with warm water from the laundry and make sure we do our dobers on the lawn (well what is left of it). We just use conditioner, no shampoo required. Couple of those large cans for rinsing and they're done. I find the watering cans work better than a bucket so you can get the spray funnel right down onto their coat and also tilt it around to get on their chests and undersides.

They get a towel down straight after and of course a pigs ear each. They'll pretty much put up with anything for one of those!!

We fill up a couple of those large watering cans with warm water from the laundry and make sure we do our dobers on the lawn

Yep, this how I washed my previous Dobe.

The DIY hydrobaths a few of you use sound like a good idea, I might treat Rojo to one as soon as the vet lets me bathe him.

For those who use 'em what do they normally charge? (ballpark).

Edited by morita

Yep, this how I washed my previous Dobe.

The DIY hydrobaths a few of you use sound like a good idea, I might treat Rojo to one as soon as the vet lets me bathe him.

For those who use 'em what do they normally charge? (ballpark).

We charge $18.00 per dog (any size) Monday to Friday and $20.00 per dog Saturday and Sunday. We are located in Sydney but when I lived in Melb I used two different ones and they charged for small, Med and Large dogs and for our goldie and BC it was about $17 each , that was a few years back.

Cheers

Leigh K