Digging!

Studebaker

This is killing me!

We have a 6 month old German Coolie Male and a 4 monrth old German Coolie Female.

The female is making the backyard look like a waste zone.....We tell her off but she ignores us completely.

We had tried filling the holes with her poo and it works for a short time but she just digs another hole next to it.

The older dog growls at her when she digs and walks away. He has no interest in digging at all.

Any ideas for what can be done?

maybe try blowing a balloon up (small) and adding some water to it place it in the hols and cover with a small amount of dirt (so cant be seen) and when she digs next time it will bust as shes digging and deter her from digging (we did this with our boxer who was digging along the fence line and it did stop her... now only rips bits of grass out...hmmm how do i solve that one???

Why don't you try providing her with her own sandpit where she's allowed to dig. Make the sandpit interesting by hiding toys in the sand and playing digging games with her so she knows it's ok to dig there. It's also a good idea to place the sandpit where there's some shade throughout the day. I find it's more effective to leave the "poo" on top of the hole she's dug :D . I have three dogs and they all dig (one for a cool spot and 2 for play), but they only dig in the sandpit provided.

HI

I bought my dogs trampoline beds for outside and Bruno the pup stopped digging! I assume cause he can keep cool on the trampoline bed and he spends less time lying on the ground near temptation. We have the RSPCA one covered in shadecloth material.

Good luck :laugh:

HI

I bought my dogs trampoline beds for outside and Bruno the pup stopped digging! I assume cause he can keep cool on the trampoline bed and he spends less time lying on the ground near temptation. We have the RSPCA one covered in shadecloth material.

Good luck :mad

Trampoline beds sound like a good idea... except mine ate his last one!