Royal Canin Dry Food Recall

Ashka

hi gomez,

http://www.itchmo.com/go/tagged/safety/

"" Given shipping volumes — tens of thousands of foodstuff containers arrive each year — it is not possible to scan every export that reaches U.S. shores. Even if it were feasible, testing for an array of potential contaminants would be prohibitively expensive. A single test of one food sample for the toxic compound dioxin can cost $800 or more.

As China’s consumers grow wealthier and more informed, they are becoming less tolerant of such transgressions. Take the baby-food scandal of 2004, in which ersatz formula killed dozens of infants and sickened hundreds with severe malnutrition. Thanks to the Internet and mobile phones, that scandal received national attention and public outrage was met with at least 130 arrests and mass demotions.

Although outside agencies such as the FDA and the World Health Organization are working with Chinese authorities, this is at heart a problem only Beijing can solve. Doing so is a matter of self-interest for the Chinese government, which is trying to expand opportunities for agricultural trade. "

interesting comments regarding testing-they echo what i said earlier, in that importers can't test for 'everything'.....

and buying from high risk suppliers like china is a problem........

It will be interesting to see what work china does in the future to clean up it's food industry......

i have a feeling that there will be a lot of lawsuits in the coming years due to these food poisoning cases

http://starbulletin.com/2007/05/12/news/story02.html

i read this and felt so sorry for the owners of these dogs.... Embarrassed

if this happened to any of my pets i think i would be devastated.... Embarrassed

and i would want the companies that caused the poisonings due to their wanting to save money to really suffer......

Edited by larry

"But Paul Henderson, president and chief executive officer of Menu Foods, defended the company earlier this year as a "quality manufacturer" before the U.S. House of Representative's subcommittee on oversight and investigations."

Riiiight, a "quality manufacturer" using crap ingredients, some of them tainted, and with no qualty control... that's my kind of company, eh?