Jump to content

April_Mum

  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About April_Mum

  • Rank
    Forum Member

Extra Info

  • Location
    VIC
  1. Thanks you so much everyone. As you recommended, we got blood work done and it showed high White blood Cell count indicating an infection. He was given an injection of antibiotic on Friday and we continued with morn/night AB medicine since Saturday night. The good news is he was back to his normal bouncy self on Saturday and he has been active, pooping and eating normally through the weekend. The lump is still there but I think it has gone down slightly (or just me imagining things). We will see how we go for another two days. If not we have an appointment with the vet for We
  2. Hi We got a Cavalier puppy from a reputed breeder a couple of weeks back. Our little boy is now 10 weeks old and normally is an energetic, full of life , confident pup. Since this morning he has been very low energy, didn't really want to move and wasn't interested in eating f as much. His poos today were firm but his lack of energy got me worried. So we took him to the emergency vet. They test him for Parvo and that was thankfully negative. The vet did find a lump on the left side under his chin. They have now done an ultrasound of the swelling and found that his lymph node
  3. Thanks so much everyone for your help. We checked with Dogs Vic (member) as well as the club and got great reviews for the breeder. I guess the restrictions are unique circumstances and ensuring everyone's health and safety is critical. To date our breeder has been really helpful and supportive so we are proceeding with them. Will share cute puppy pics once we pick the fluff ball in a three weeks.
  4. I can imagine in current circumstances it would be hard to let strangers in the house. I guess in all me research when buying a puppy was to see the parents and the breeder and ensure that things looks ok. It was how we got our very first dog from a breeder almost a decade ago. The breeder has sent us a picture of the pup (it isn't very clear but don't know if I am reading too much into it) and has been frank about the health issues with Cavies. They have asked me all my details for microchipping and told me that the name will be registered with their kennel prefix. They also said that paper
  5. Hi All, After a lot of deliberations we decided to bring a cavalier puppy into our family. Not great timing with COVID as there were no pups available. Finally found a breeder registered with Cavalier Club of Vic who had puppies available. So we put down deposit for our puppy. Problem is I haven’t really seen the puppy or the parents and the breeder in person. The breeder is quite reputable, with their dogs winning championships and they were recommended to us by in fact another registered breeder. But our breeder was reluctant for us to visit as they might be in high risk categor
  6. Thankx everyone for the very helpful advice , have spoken to my DH aboyt visiting a rescue shelter, and he loves the idea. Plus it takes some of th stress of raising a puppy away.will definitely keep you guys posted. Hope we find our furry baby soon
  7. I have been contemplating bring a puppy into purfamily for quite some years. But the timing was never right- rented apartment, first baby, etc My DS is now 2.5 years old andwe have a house with a big yard. DH and i have been considering getti g a cavalier puppy now. We alsohave a persisn cat , so we think the dog will also have some company. My question to you all is how manageable is getting a dog in this case. How do you guys, especially the ones with young kids and full time jobs manage. I guess i want to make sure i am doing the right thing and research thorughly before we make any de
×
×
  • Create New...