Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Extra Info

  • Location
  1. We had a 12 years old maremma Sheepdog cross She died 18/11/2020 after she swallowed baited fish hooks (lying on the Wool bay jetty). Abdominal surgery was recommended being the recommended treatment , however she didn’t recover. I cannot see any research done on conservative management ie doing nothing. I don't agree with the ominous warnings about intestinal perforation and peritonitis if we had done nothing we would still have had a live dog today and $3,600 more in the bank account. Dogs swallow other foreign objects such as brittle chicken bones and somehow survive. Endoscopic removal costs over $5000 if you can afford, choose this option.
  • Create New...