Pup Shredding & Naughty Behavior

franklin kcs

My puppy is also 6 months old. He loves to sit on the table and also will rip up paper (or anything that is left around). At times he also drives me crazy but I have to keep telling myself he is still a puppy.

Edited by miss shel

Boy you have it easy really. I have a 14 mo pup here just now who is just divine BUT she has eaten 3 remotes a number of shoes, goodness knows how much paper (both important and waste). She believes the rubbish bin is simply a toy box just for her and takes what she wants.

All that said we do not yell at her as we have ALLOWED this by not having things we wish to keep where she can not reach them.

All that said we had a visitor for a week in the form of Bell, a black lab pup a bit older than Freya and she to has a reputation for 'renovation' and distruction. Nothing was hurt that week as they played hard all week with each other. Freya was already fit and Bell sure got that way, she turned 'weight' into muscle and actually lost a bit of size if not actual weight in spite of the fact that here the dogs have food available whenever they want it, ie; free fed.

Just restrict the room your teeny baby can access when you are not home and make sure there is a lot of play time when you are. A tired puppy is a good puppy as a rule.

Most of all ENJOY the short time he is a baby!!!

Good luck

Cheers

Linda

Wyee NSW Aust

http://www.comcen.com.au/~birichino/ (it's a start)

Ever get the feeling

That your stuff strutted of

Without you?