Jak's Hurt Her Leg...

Rhi*Jak*Ed

Hi everyone,

Poor Jak hurt her left front leg last night :-( We were playing fetch as we do every night, and I threw the ball down the hallway (as I do every night), but last night she was a little off centre and when she turned to chase the ball she ran smack into the wall. Ouch! She cried straight away and was quite proppy at first. This morning she made a cry when she tried to launch off it to run and when jumping down off the couch and the bed. She can otherwise walk ok though, but when she sits she holds that leg up off the ground.

She's at home by herself today so I'm hoping she'll just rest up and that it's bruised and nothing more serious than that. I'm leaving work early today though so that I can get home in time to take her to the vet before it closes, if need be.

Anyway, here's a pic I took of her on the weekend :-)

post-16668-1181787222_thumb.jpg

Poor Jak - i would take her to the vets to get it checked out, but thats just me and i am a worry wort when it comes to my dog. :laugh:

Hope she is ok tonight, i would limit her from jumping on and off things though and chasing after a ball.

Edited by malleerr

Thanks guys. I was considering taking her to the vet but I think I'll wait... A guy at work told me to stop being a worry wart haha and that she should come good. If not, then take her.

Yeah after she hurt herself she limped in to have a drink of water then came straight back to get her ball to keep playing. I didn't throw it again though, the game was well and truly over then!

Hi there,

She was all good when I got home last night, but did pull up sore when she tried to push off her leg to run. Same thing this morning. She's up and down the stairs ok though and walking fine, so I'll just give her a couple of days I think.

I'd only just been thinking that I'd had a good run with her actually, no injuries etc. Thought too soon! haha.

Thanks for checking in :-)