Good Personal Dog Trainer Wanted!

I actually wouldn't mind some recommendations in the Western suburbs of Melb either :laugh:

I go to obedience with my dear boy, but 1:1 might help us both cotton on a bit quicker.

We train at 2 places, Werribee Obedience and also Four Paws whose trainers are all qualified NDTF and Trish is also a behavouralist as well and does one on one lessons too.

http://fourpawsk9training.com.au/

Edited by wolfgirl

Ok reviving this again as I now have a query on something the boy did yesterday. His heel work is nearly perfect now! No more tripping over him and I am running backwards and forwards past him in his sit stays! I am SOOO impressed! BUT yesterday when I asked him to drop he just sat there and looked at me. I asked again and he didn't do it, so I ended up pulling his front legs out and making him drop. Now he KNOWS how to drop, in fact he usually THROWS himself to the ground at a million miles an hour, but yesterday I had to MAKE him drop about 4 times before he went, "Fine! I'll drop then!"

My question is, is this a disobedience thing? Or is it because I am doing so many more things with him now, he 'forgot' what drop is?? I am leaning towards disobedience but just in case I am doing something wrong, thought I'd better ask :rofl:

RB - It MIGHT be the result of having done so much work on the sit in the "sit-stay" exercise that he's thinking THAT's what he needs to do to 'be right' (and get good things :scared:). I don't think it's so much that he's "forgotten" drop, but that he's not so sure that "drop" is really to his advantage.

Of course - it COULD be a disobedience, but from what I saw of him last week I can't help feeling it is more a case of him not being clear on what you require of him. Hard to tell without seeing him but we will definately address this at this week's session.

Fantastic that you're progressing so well otherwise. Well done - sounds like you've really been putting in the yacka. :)

Don't worry about the "drop" issue - we'll fix it at the lesson. ;)