Dog Grooming Schools In Brisbane

Apart from the tafe course (where you have to find your own work placement) the only place I am aware of that actually teaches grooming is the gentle clip dog grooming salon. They have three salons where training can be given. Rode Road, Clontarf and Scarborough.

I haven`t done the course so this is not a recommendation (is that the correct spelling?).

The course is split into different categories and progress through the levels is dependent on ability. Altogether I think it comes to something like $1000 but could be wrong.

Simply google gentle clip Brisbane.

I considered doing this course but am very lucky as I recently got a job in a salon and am being trained as I go.

Good luck with this.

TAFE at Red Hill/Ashgrove had wonderful grooming courses. We used to take our Sheltie there as a 'practice' subject. The students would do her grooming under the supervision of a qualified person.

They were all wonderful....& our Sheltie would come home looking like a million dollars.

Thanks so much for your help!!

And you are lucky to have landed a job with training also. Thats wonderful.

I did call A Gentle clip, and the information you gave is fairly correct.

I have put Pet Grooming Schools into the browser and A Gentle Clip is the only one that's popped up.

How did you find the Trainee Grooming job?

I got my job through sheer luck. I am a trained psychologist but have really had enough of working with people and their problems and decided to stop working for a while and spend lots of time with my dogs (and children).

The day before I finished at work I was browsing through the local paper and saw a job advert for a trainee groomer.

I had looked into changing to this prof. for a while but most work was either miles away and couldn`t quite settle on doing the tafe course.

Anyway I went for an interview and am starting on 19th July. The salon owner is fantastic and her shop is 5minutes from where I live.

Keep pinching myself to see if it is true!!

Happy, I think this was the TAFE course part of which was the clipping & grooming (where we took our Sheltie as a practice subject.).

It seems to be located only at the Ithaca TAFE (Red Hill & Ashgrove area) which is north of the river....but still pretty close to the city (just up the road, past Red Hill & Normanby...& you're onto the freeway.)

http://www.bn.tafe.qld.gov.au/courses_and_...p?courseid=1913