Puppy Palace

Kahn

did the materials cost alot?

Actually - yes. More than I thought. For example the red paint = $60 and waterproofer = $50 so already over $100, then the plywood, roofing and screws were about $250!! I did wonder if we could have bought something for a cheaper price (didnt really look on the internet or anything) but we had specific requirements in that we wanted to be able to fit their kennel inside of the "Collie Castle" and we wanted a lot of space for both dogs. In addition my OH is just starting out with the handyman stuff so needed to buy some tools e.g. wood planer =$100. But in the end he had a lot of fun.

And we love to spoil our dogs of course ;)

What a fantastic dog house! I always wanted one for our first dog Maxi but couldn't get anyone to build one for her and being 6 years old I think she's quite happy with the 4 bedroom dog house she has now :laugh:

Our dogs sleep inside at night and have an outdoor area with their outdoor beds for the daytime, it would be great to have something they can get into and feel safe and secure especially during the storm season. Does it take much to encourage a puppy to sleep in there?

What a fantastic doghouse :(

have shown OH and he is working on the next project now - well after we move next week - but the plans are in his head :rofl:

the idea of a tunnel to the house has more merit than you think

Obedience / agility pple will see the benefit of a tunnel and I think its a fantastic entertainer for the pups.

Well done for a great idea :)

Yeah I told Daddy to make sure when he built it, it was long enough for him to fit inside it - in case he gets sent to the dogbox :laugh:

Hehehehehehe...

That looks so awesome!

I've been thinking about making a huge kennel for my brood but it didn't occur to me to make an enclosure type thing to hold the actual kennel... good idea!

Looks really really good! Thanks for sharing.

Did you seal it after you painted it to make it a little more durable and rain resistant?

Also how much did it all cost?

You guys make it look so easy!

If a computer geek can do it..then surely a female as myself can try! ;)